Audio Secrecy review by Stone Sour

• Released: Sep 7, 2010
Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy

When stone sour released their first self titled album it was more or less the classic Slipknot scream rap and cuss a lot with some slight rhythm here or there. But with come whatever (may they branched off from that slightly. In their newest CD audio secrecy stone sour shows their not just a Slipknot side project more than ever they have softer tracks like miracles, hesitate, etc. And the radio in between songs like say you'll haunt me, dying and home again with the special edition. But they also still have the harder tracks see lets be honest for an example of that. This album has something for everyone.

Corey Taylor's never been the best lyric writer but shows slight improvement here. But generally all the songs have the same meaning I love you but can't have you I hate you but can't stay away. I mean that would be great for maybe three songs but not the whole album. The only songs that branch off from that really are: hate not gone, Saturday morning, mission statement, and digital (did you tell) and the bitter end. I mean that's 5 out of 18. Really?

Overall the shaky lyrics aside I would recommend this album any day it has a great sound and a little something for everyone. For whoever gets this you will not be disappointed. If this got stolen I would definitely buy it again. My only complaint is there should be a slight change in some lyrics but overall great. This to me is better than stone sour albums from the past. Check out tracks: "Dying", "The Bitter End", "Hate Not Gone", "Let's Be Honest".