Come What(ever) May review by Stone Sour

• Released: Jun 4, 2007
Stone Sour: Come What(ever) May

Stone Sour have grown up, and have extremely matured with their songwriting skills. Their are more displays of techinichality, with more complex riffs and guitar solos. They manage to juggle melodic and hard rock extremely well, although many songs (Through Glass being a perfect example) seem to have been made just for the "$$$" factor, although it is a big step for the band, as they have moved away from their nu-metal, old Slipknot style and are re-inventing themselves.

The lyrics don't seem to be random, as if words were shoved together as they ryhmed. Now the lyrics have more meaning to them, and it is clear that the band didn't rush the lyrics themselves. Many songs (30/30-150 and Hell & Consequences for example) and still based on a theme around getting back at someone, and being very angry in the process, but they still sound good. The best song in terms of lyrics is either Through Glass or Come What(ever) May. Through glass, as the brilliant line "When something like a soul, Becomes Initialized and folded up, Like paper dolls and little notes, you can't expect abit of hope" and stone sour have made a song about George Bush, which is the title track. This is a brialliant track, with brilliant lyrics in my opinion that make me wanna go up to George Bush and slap him.

What I love about this album, is how Stone Sour have paid much more attention to their work, and have grown up and matured as musicians. I think and hope that this album will get rid of the idea most people have about them as being Corey and Jims Twin Sell-out/Slipknot band and I hope this will establish them as the evolving songwriters they are. The next album, hopefully will carry on with this aswell. The most impressive songs on the album, are Through Glass, Come What(ever) May, Cardiff, Socio, Zzyxz Rd. and Sillyworld, although they all kick ass in my opinion. I downloaded the leaked version of this album, I would have bought it anyway, and I still am, but I urge you to go and buy it and support this band, as it is obvious they have take great care and poured large amounts of effort into this, to which I can only say go buy this album!