Come What(ever) May review by Stone Sour

• Released: Jun 4, 2007
Stone Sour: Come What(ever) May

When you put this album in your hit with the double bass of 30/30-150. It's truely an awesome sound throughout the whole album. As far as the singing is great, but Corey Taylor's screaming is not at it's best. Another thing that I like that they added is a few guitar solos, that seem to kinda flow with the music and are quite awesome. But it's a good sounding album.

The lyrics were very well written I think and for the most part flowed with the music quite well. As far as singer skills it's like I said in the sound Corey can sing very well, but his screaming is not at it's best. But it's a good album in the lyrical section.

This album was in my opinion was just as good as Slipknot's Vol. 3 if not better. I can't compare it to Stone Sour's 1st album because right now I don't have it, but it is now one of the CDs I am going to but in the near future. But to me some of the best songs are 30/30-150, Come What(ever) May, and Through Glass are my top 3 in this album. I love the way it was not just all out double bass, screaming, heavy stuff. Every forth track was a "soft type" song. But without a question I would buy this album again if anything happened to it at all.

dizturbed
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    Your wish is my command, ohmerrymayhem . Guitar solos are the song within the song, you unappreciative piece of sh*t!!
    fade2dust
    Gibson_SG_uzr55 wrote: Jim Root and Josh Rand are a good team of guitarists, but I like it when Jim plays w/ Mick Thomson. It would be kinda cool if Mick was in Stone Sour,too. Anybody agree?
    i am also a fan of mick thompson and think hes an amazing guitarist. it would be cool to have the original slipknot guitar duo, but i think it would be just too similar. i do like josh rands guitar work, especially on the first album where he took more of a lead guitar role than james.
    fade2dust
    yeah buzzabuzz i get what you mean. see i though jim was short for jimmy. i mean why would someones wanna shorten james its one syllable.? fair game to him hes a great guitarist.
    madeofscars
    i meant stone sour at the top by the way i just had slipknot in my mind when i typed this
    madeofscars
    who gives a damn anyway yes slipknot was first no slipknot is not death metal they are numetal and hell they dont even read what we put its their business about how they write their songs yes slipknot and stone sour are 2 completly different bands with 2 completly different styles of music and even if to me neither band is a sideproject you all just call slipknot a side project because it has jim and corey from stone sour but hell just get over it and grow up and forget which one is a side project and which one is real it doesent matter
    Buzzabuzz
    fade2dust wrote: i have a question. what is the guitarists name james or jim. in the cd book it says james root, but everyone calls him jim and his guitar parts are mentioned as jim too, wot the hell is up with that. i know the dude wore a mask but surely they cant have made a mistake. btw the album is excellent. every track apart from cardiff maybe is superb.
    are u serious? Jim is just short for James.... like Kim=Kimberly.. know what I mean?
    KileManA7X
    Ok, kids...enough is enough. Slipknot is not some side-project with Stone Sour. Corey originally was in Stone Sour until he joined Slipknot. Slipknot is a far more popular band than Stone Sour will ever be. Just because Slipnot is not together right now dosn't mean Stone Sour is taking over. Stone Sour and Slipknot are completely different. The only reason why you guys compare them to Slipknot is because Jim and Corey. Sure, tours will continue with Stone Sour, but once this is over, Slipknot will come back with a DVD and a new album. Everyone knows that. Corey and Jim are just taking a break. Glad I could clear that up.
    Creature5
    whoever is seeing stone sour on family values check out deadsy they rawk =)
    IlikeMetal
    dizturbed : What pisses me off is the album is reviewed before it's even released. When the rest of us who would rather buy the CD than listen to a shitty quality leaked copy. WTF?
    No, it was a great quality leak . I will buy it though cause i love these guys and i wanna support them.
    ohmerrymayhem
    Yeah, the songs are amazing, but what a waste of space in every song those lame shred solos are. Throw some in here and there like on the first cd, don't just do it in every song cause kids are soloing agian now. Damn, that ruins the album for me. Great; you can play really fast, so you should run a thousand notes together in each song to make shred in your otherwise great music cliche`. How fun. I'm not a solo-purist or anything, and although I don't like shred, I respect when it's done well. This, however, is just a space killer in every song on nearly every song on the cd. Totally ruined the cd for me. If you're gonna shred in every damn song, you'd better be Yngwie, Vai, or Satch. For my money, I'll take a Jerry Cantrell "Nutshell" solo over this kinda stuff, anyway. But that's me. Opinions aside, the solos are lame and not worth much mention. The music, however, is great. Much better than on their last effort. Oh, and thank the gods that I won't have to hear from slipknot for another four years or so.
    HC-Deathroll
    masterometal666 : Telefanatic wrote: jim is the best guitarist ever!!! (Crickets Chirping)
    Lmao. Gibson you need to chill out. I'm thinking Tele was joking, there's no way that any music fan would overlook any of the greats (ie. Van Halen, Hendrix, Dimebag) and say Jim Root is better than them. Jim Root is great, but i find it hard to believe that anyone would think he's better than the legends. Now, I've only heard a couple songs from this album, but I can already tell that it's amazing. I'm picking it up as soon as i can.
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    masterometal666 wrote: Telefanatic wrote: Jim is the best guitarist ever!!! (crickets chirping) Now hold on. While I don't think, in my opinion, that Jim or Mick are the best guitarists ever, and I think Mick is better than Jim, Telefanatic is entitled to his opinions as is I. Don't talk sh*t about people's opnions, you pr**k!
    Jaguar17
    This album was alot more mellow that I expected, so i origonaly disliked it. I was expecting it to have more songs like Blotter, and Inhale. But after coming back to it with no expectations, it's a really good album!
    calej1753
    i saw them live on family values and they were amazing. they played a lot of new stuff and it sounded great. i love the album
    Vin2254
    andrex1212 wrote: Oh and, I'm sorry to say but please enlighten me to the last time death metal used Drop D chords..? hmmm, check out some bands like Death, The Berzerker, Slayer (more thrash metal.. but still death), Cannibal Corpse (grindcore gore metal type shit, but still in the same category) some o you know nothing about music. Slipknot has been Nu-Metal ever since Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. That I would consider closer to black/death metal than ANY of the other albums with the new members. Self Titled is blast beats and drop B guitar riffs, plain and simple... Iowa is the same drop B and blast beats that Joey uses but then they shy away from the cheesy thrown-together-for-no-re ason crap like Tattered and Torn. Then with Subliminal Verses they just wanted to get money so they made more lame songs to appeal to our wholesome home grown, tv watching audience. I do love Corey Taylor for his intellegent vocals but please do NOT confuse Nu-Metal and Death metal because they are nothing alike. Go and find some stuff on the Leprosy album by Death.
    You my friend have the just won the Douch bag of the week award. Good job. I love through the glass but its a bit repetitive.
    Punk mon
    This album is amazing i think it is gonna be one of the best alums to come out this year woooo YEAh!!!!!