Come What(ever) May review by Stone Sour

• Released: Jun 4, 2007
Stone Sour: Come What(ever) May

Corey Taylor's new band after Slipknot. Stone Sour's new CD is awesome (not as good as Slipknot, but very close), Corey took his nu-metal vocals and somehow turned it around into alternative metal, and post-grunge? Every song on this CD is freaking-tabulous, cause it shows another side of Corey and shows you he's not restriced to only certain genres.

All of the lyrics are just as good as Slipknot's, but I'm sure you've heard "Through Glass", one of Stone Sour's hits? That's the only song I don't like, all of the rhyming is a bit of an overkill. It's still a good, but my least favorite out of all of them. But in that song, you can really hear Corey's distinguished voice and you can tell that he has great vocals.

Stone Sour's "Come What(ever) May" compares to their 1st album, but if you're expecting something exactly like Slipknot, well, they are fairly different. My favorite songs on this album are "1st Person" "30/30-150" "Zzyzx rd." and "Cardiff" This is a really cool album, you'll like it if you loved Slipknot, like me, or if you liked a couple of Slipknot's songs, but the rest were to heavy to your fragile, non-metal loving ears.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
    xion665 wrote: kNoThEaD666 wrote: Gibson_SG_uzr55 wrote: This is a good album. Corey and James can do things that they couldn't in Slipknot. But don't get me wrong, I like Slipknot. I like the modern metal sound w/ Stonesour better than Slipknot's death metal. But I do prefer it when Jim plays w/ Mick Thomson. omg.....please don't call Slipknot Death Metal..I know you are confused about metal genres....they are a bit tetious, but yeah don't lol... Let people call the music they listen too what they want. Does it directly effect you when someone calls a band a certain genre that "you" dont think is correct. No...of course not. Id prefer just to think of it as music as a whole, or maybe with this kind of music, just metal. No f*cking subgenres, its stupid and time consuming to try to conform a band to a certain subgenre. Does it hurt you when someone listens to a band that you hate and despise, um....no, it doesnt. Why does everyone care what everyone else listens to so much. I mean, i could see to a certain extent why it you might want to know, but to burn and flame people for some of it is just retarded. This subgenre sh*t is splitting the metal community into pieces, and i know damn well that if it keeps on happenening and growing like it is now, theres gonna be a civil war between all of us. Someone is tearing it down from the inside, we just keep adding to the problem by fighting over irrelivant sh*t.
    No, I know Slipknot ain't death metal. I just categorize them w/ the other heavier bands. And IOWA was like death metal. I agree w/ ypu, let people call the genre what they hear. Just as long as you don't say AC/DC is metal, cause that is total ignorance.
    TwIsTeDrAiL
    wes_borland
    TwIsTeDrAiL wrote: What does 30/30/150 stand for? I read an interview with Corey and he said he couldn't say in the interview what it meant...
    A type of shotgun shell
    Criskentucky4
    leeprechaun
    f***in great album, but yh at times it does sound like nickelback - i wonder how many ppl assume thts a bad thing lol
    gamer0sam
    Stone Sour should make an acoustic album, their best songs are the slow ones even slipknot has great slow songs. Great CD. Had to listen to it a few times but now i'm hooked
    WoW guitarist
    garfunkleskater wrote: I'd rather Corey just get back with his real group and start pushin out more records (slipknot)
    slipknots ok but they have no goal or meaning and the masks r retarded
    WoW guitarist
    Criskentucky4 wrote: I'm not a fan of Slipknot really at all and I think that's why I like this album. I do like a few Slipknot songs because they do have amazing drumming and guitars in them, and this album does the same. Songs like 30/30/150, Reborn, and Hell and Consequences are the most like Slipknot with their riffs and screaming. My favorite songs would have to be Through Glass, and Zzyxx Road are AMAZING! They are such a departure from the traditional stuff you hear from Corey Taylor. He has an awesome voice, I have no clue why he doesn't actually use it more rather than screaming constantly. In my opinion Stone Sour blows Slipknot WAY THE FUCK out of the water, and Corey Taylor would be better off just quitting Slipknot and continuing with Stone Sour.
    he's doin both n00b
    boyan89
    holy crap i meant in my review that this album had mor solos and better solos awesome album!!!!stone sour kicks ass and so does Slipknot Corey is a geniouS!!!