Come What(ever) May review by Stone Sour

• Released: Jun 4, 2007
Stone Sour: Come What(ever) May

On Stone Sour's second album, Corey Taylor displays his wide vocal range, from his screams on 30/30-150 and Come What(Ever) May to the soft, slow and emotional singing on Through Glass and Zzyzx Rd. The band cover more than one genre on this album including thrash metal (30/30-150, Reborn), hard rock (Socio, Your God) and rock ballads (Through Glass, Zzyzx Rd). The guitars mostly use some sort of distortion throughout the record excluding some songs. Acoustic guitar are included on other songs including Through Glass and even a piano is used on one song. The vocals are very emotional, usually charged with anger but sometimes sadness as well. Overall I would say this was a hard rock/metal album.

The lyrics on this album cover many subjects though sometimes are too general and th subject can be unclear. I do know however that Come What(Ever) May is about Corey Taylor's great dislike for George W Bush, Through Glass reflects Corey Taylor's views on Hollywood and the music industry becoming hollow and superficial. and I think that Zzyzx Rd. is about someone with a terminal illness looking at their life. The lyrics suit the music in every song, e.g. the lyrics in 30/30-150 suggests anger at someone or something and the music is very aggressive and the lyrics of Zzyzx Rd. set a sad scene and the music gives the feeling of sadness and pain. Overall, apart from some lyrics being too general, the lyrics are just fine.

I believe that this album is better than anything Slipknot has done and that Corey Taylor and Jim Root have outdone their other band. I think the best songs on the album are 30/30-150, Come What(Ever)May, Socio and Through Glass. I basically just love evrything about this album and if it were stolen I would definetely by it again.

skatarist4life
    http://blip.tv/file/4084126 "Audio Secrecy" from Stone Sour is out as a whole album today This is my tribute to Stone Sour for their awesome work. Hope you guys enjoy \m/\m/
    Battman1993
    For anyone still confused on the lyrics to 30-30-150, it's about Corey in high school. 30-30-150 references his jeans size & weight, and the song is essentially an f-you to the people who told him in high school that he was worthless and wouldn't amount to anything.