Stone Sour review by Stone Sour

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Stone Sour: Stone Sour

When I first heard this CD, I was quite surprised, and in a good way. It's not very often that you find a modern metal band that actually sounds like they took time to write their music, and include lots of guitar solos.

I say the same thing about the lyrics as I did with the music. I mean, yeah they do scream a bit too much sometimes and they drop the F bomb quite a bit, sometimes very unnecessarily, and I really wish they would have stayed away from rapping. Even though they didn't rap a whole lot, I still wish they didn't because rap-metal just isn't cool anymore. However, the lyrics are still acceptable. Corey Taylor sings the lyrics very well on this record.

I was very pleased with this album. It's not everyday we run into bands like Stone Sour who take time to write their songs and perform them with great passion. I was especially pleased with songs such as Bother, Inhale, Tumult, Monolith, and Take A Number. I also like Get Inside, but not as much as the others. I really enjoyed this album, despite occasional rapping and F bombs, and lots of screaming. That is not quite enough, though, to prevent me from giving the album an overall 5. It's worth the money and I'd get it again. I hope you guys liked it.