Stone Sour review by Stone Sour

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Stone Sour: Stone Sour

Really Enjoyed the sound. Jim Root is the pinch-harmonic king. Corey Taylor is a great singer. Don't care too much for the drummer but besides that, thumbs up. There's really not alot to say about this album other than it's really good.

Corey Taylor is (in my opinion) one of the best lyric writers of memory. Of course there's the odd song that falls short but you can't have everything. It really doesn't matter what he writes though he makes it work. (For all you maggots out there who know Disasterpeice, those lyrics really suck, but corey makes them fit too.) Cory Taylor is an awsome singer, from the power of Get Inside, to the Tranquility of Bother, he's got it all.

This is thier only album, (hopefully not thier last) so it's hard to compare. The closest comparison is Slipknot, but this was way before and also approached with a different attitiude than any of the Knot's albums. I personally really like Orchids, Get Inside, Bother, Idle Hands and Inhale. This album is really great, I this Corey wussed out a couple times with the nu-metal stuff but all in all, good job. If this were stolen, I'd kick the crap out of whoever stole it, and get it back.