Stone Sour review by Stone Sour

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Stone Sour: Stone Sour

One thing I look for when I listen to a CD is if it has variety. And this CD meets and exceds the expectation. It's just awsome. The amazing Guitar solos, sweet bass riffs, and the vocals are jusy out of you mind. They have heavey songs like "Get Inside" and they also have the hard rock songs like "Bother." It's great to see lead singer Corey Taylor (also of Slipknot) show his true colors and actually sing.

In my opinion I have never heard a better hard rock/metal singer than Corey Taylor. His voice is amazing. The lyrics blew me away. I thought they would use a bunch of big words like in Slipknot but I thought wrong. They still do but not as much. I love the stories behind the songs. The lyrics are excellent.

There is no way to descrbe the music of Stone Sour. It's heavy, it's light, well it's just pure hard rock. There is none better on vocals than Corey. I didn't think the guitar would that great but they were. But the drums could use some work. But other than that its perfect. I would definetly get this CD if you are a Slipknot fan. The only big difference is that the drums are not as fast in Stone Sour. I love everything about this CD. Probably the best CD I have.