Stone Sour review by Stone Sour

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Stone Sour: Stone Sour

The sound on this album is pure genious. The guitars on this album are really, really amazing with the raging solos and those kick ass bridges its all good. The drums on this album arent as heavy as Slipknot's drums but their still pretty damn heavy and their too kickass. The bass on this album is incredible and it is really heavy. Every song on this album has a really amazing sound and there is guitar solos and bass solos that are really amazing on this album especially the guitar solo in Get Inside.

The lyrics on this album are incredible and Corey shows his emotional side on this album which I really like. I really like the back up lyrics in some songs like Get Inside where the other guy is going like "(Motherf--ker)". Bother is an emotional song and it kind of reminds me of Circle off of Slipknots album Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses. The last song Omega Is A Speech (well if you want to call it a song that's up to you) and I thought it was actually pretty cool.

This album cannot compare to any other album because this album just kicsk major ass. I dont have a favourite song all of them are really, really good. I love everything about this album from beginning to end and I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again because it is a must have. I will recommend this album to any Slipknot fans, grunge fans, and any metal fans. If you are a Slipknot fan you will like this album a lot! Go and get it you will not regret it.

fade2dust
    i think this album is great. i got this after come what(ever) may. this album as i expected is definatly harder and rougher. i think the track omega is a cool idea but luckily i have a special edition cd which has 18 tracks so its good that it doesnt end on that note. all the tracks have some good merit. my personal fave is get inside, cos its just brutal, choose is another fave and inhale. plus i think bother is amazing not only for the tune but for the fact that corey did it on his own including guitar solo. shows the guys talent, just like come what(ever) may. both superb albums.