Core review by Stone Temple Pilots

• Released: Sep 29, 1992
Stone Temple Pilots: Core

This album was a great album, Lots of heavy Pounding guitar work by Dean Deleo. I would rate this album as the best of 1992 thats how much I love it. For some reason a lot of people rate this album to Pearl Jam ten I think the vocals maybe similar but the Music is totally different I think Core is more hard rock and Pearl Jam ten has got more blues Influences. Core has got the sound of Nirvana and Alice in chains mixed up together.

For a first album I would say this is one of the very best. Great creative lyrics. Scott Weiland really did a great job with his singing. Stone Temple Pilots really took their time to give good effort on this.

This Album has got its own unique sound it does have a similar sound to Alice In Chains Dirt, and Nirvana, Nevermind. My 2 personal favorite songs from this album are Sex Type Thing, and Plush. I would definately buy this album again with out a doubt in mind if it was lost or stolen the first time I bought this album I could not stop listening to it it became an obsession with me.