No. 4 review by Stone Temple Pilots

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Stone Temple Pilots: No. 4

This albums sound is phanominal. There are many differnt styles of music on this recording from the hard opening of the hit "Down" to the beautiful lyrics and acoustic guitar riffs featured on "Atlanta." Every song has great tone and everything really flows together. The amazing bass fills go along great with Dean's riffs. This is one of my favorite recordings of all times.

Scott's lyrics are always pretty amazing. "Sour girl" is one of the great songs lyric wise on this cd. The song speeks of how a girl acted and lived before they started dating, while they were dating, and then after. Its just a great song. Also, the lyrics of "Atlanta" are one of my favorite songs. It is just so poetic and goes so well with the music behind it.

This is one of the best STP albums out there. Core was great and had many hits, but I personally believe this is just as good. It has less hits but still, you get your moneys worth. I would buy it again if I lost it. You should do the same.

Riceboi32
    I dont know man, STP always makes pretty amazing music but the songs on this album just sounds all over the place. "Sour girl" is the only song that reminded me of how good STP is, and maybe "Down" but the rest of the album just didnt cut it
    theexperience13
    Either this or Tiny Music is my favorite album by STP (and STP is my alltime favorite band), but I'm sure theres a billion people who dont agree with either of those. This album just covers all the bases. It has their best "hard" song with either "Heaven & Hot Rods" or "MC5", but it also has their best soft song in "Atlanta". Just a great album hands down.
    mitch311
    I like them all. No way out is my favourite or glide. Pruno is definetly the weakest track though
    Sp00nman94
    heaven and hot rods is very underrated...this is up there with AIC's unplugged for my fav album ever
    pawnshopguitars
    I love this album. Heaven and hotrods kicks ass all over the place, and Atlanta is one of those songs that I can't get out of my head. I love the fact that it's so varied as an album as well, with all the different styles it has. Best STP album IMO.