Purple review by Stone Temple Pilots

• Released: Aug 25, 1995
Stone Temple Pilots: Purple

The Stone Temple Pilots' second album. Definately a good follow up on 1992's Core album. To start things off, the sound produced on this album is more than excellent. I was definately impressed. Dean DeLeo's guitars were really "grunge" sounding along with Scott Weiland's natural grunge voice produced some pretty catchy songs. I really loved this album becauses before STP, I had never heard of a California grunge band. They opened my eyes to a different type of music or sound for that matter. But overall, I was more than pleased with the sound on this album.

Scott Weiland is probably one of the more "unorthodox" singers of the nineties, but the man can sing. He is very controversal, spending some time in jail during the late nineties, but that is what I love about Weiland. He is a very gifted singer and songwriter and I think he should get more credit as a singer rather than a drugged-out man who is in and out of jail.

Very thorough album overall. I loved it. I think anyone who loves good '90s alternative music should pick up 1994's Purple album. If I lost it or it got stolen I would have to buy it again. This is an awesome STP album. I loved how every song was good and I think that is important in an excellent album.

mitch311
    This is one great album. It's one of the only albums that has no filler. Every songs great