Bassassins [DVD] review by Story of the Year

• Released: May 10, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Story of the Year: Bassassins [DVD]

The sound on this CD/DVD from Story Of The Year is incredible. You can hear everything they want you to hear. No one overpowers anyone. Dan Marsela's vocals are a little off in some points, but that is overlooked when you realise how much running, jumping, screaming he does. The whole band works so well together, these guys are only going to get bigger.

Content — 10
The DVD has their hour long show in St. Louis, Missouri. It also includes an hour long documentary on the band, which is absolutely hilarious but at the same time informative. It also has music videos for 'Until The Day I Die', 'Anthem Of Our Dying Day', and 'Sidewalks'. On top of that it has 'Until The Day I Die', 'Anthem Of Our Dying Day', 'Page Avenue' and 'Sidewalks' at the AOL sessions. The content on this DVD is amazing. The track list is: 01. And The Hero Will Drown 02. Divide And Conquer 03. Dive Right In 04. Anthem Of Our Dying Day 05. Page Avenue 06. Falling Down 07. Burning Years 08. The Heart Of Polka Is Still Beating (a new song) 09. Sidewalks 10. Swallow The Knife (segue) 11. Until The Day I Die 12. In The Shadows The CD contains the live concert.

Production Quality — 8
Overall, this was a really well produced DVD, the show is filmed superbly, catching every crazy antic of the band. The documentary was well put together as well, with short home made movies, bios, and funny stuff filmed by mostly Adam Russell (bass) and Ryan Philips (guitar).

Excellent DVD/CD. If your a fan of Story Of The Year, do not hesitate to get this. If you've heard of Story Of The Year and want to know more, pick this up. This truly is a great DVD, with more than enough extras to keep you going. I like this DVD more than other DVDs I have (Muse - Hullaballoo, Incubus - Morning View Sessions, Foo Fighters - Everywhere But Home) simply because there is so much stuff you can watch, and the band live are amazing! They jump off amps, throw guitars, jump into the crowd, and the bass player even jumps off a 10 foot balcony into the crowd. They put on an amazing show. If this were stolen/lost I would not hesitate to go out and buy another copy.

triky66
    That balcony The Skull drops off of is actually like 25 feet high.
    xsv
    yeah i know. i bought this dvd today and i was amazed at their concert tricks. the cd isn't bad either