Bassassins [DVD] Review

artist: Story of the Year date: 07/08/2005 category: compact discs
Story of the Year: Bassassins [DVD]
Released: May 10, 2005
If you like live performances where you expect the band to sound good, this is not the thing for you. But if you want some circus to come with it, they go ahead and buy it. But I warn you that their sound is way way below their studio CD quality. You'll just be disappointed.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 9.4
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Bassassins [DVD] Reviewed by: pats88, on july 08, 2005

Sound: The sound on this CD/DVD from Story Of The Year is incredible. You can hear everything they want you to hear. No one overpowers anyone. Dan Marsela's vocals are a little off in some points, but that is overlooked when you realise how much running, jumping, screaming he does. The whole band works so well together, these guys are only going to get bigger. // 8

Overall Impression: Excellent DVD/CD. If your a fan of Story Of The Year, do not hesitate to get this. If you've heard of Story Of The Year and want to know more, pick this up. This truly is a great DVD, with more than enough extras to keep you going. I like this DVD more than other DVDs I have (Muse - Hullaballoo, Incubus - Morning View Sessions, Foo Fighters - Everywhere But Home) simply because there is so much stuff you can watch, and the band live are amazing! They jump off amps, throw guitars, jump into the crowd, and the bass player even jumps off a 10 foot balcony into the crowd. They put on an amazing show. If this were stolen/lost I would not hesitate to go out and buy another copy. // 10

Comments