In The Wake Of Determination review by Story of the Year

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Story of the Year: In The Wake Of Determination

I believe these guys have changed musically since there first CD. There sound on this cd, entitled "In The Wake Of Determination" is much heavier and less commercial "poppy" rock hits. There sound now is more thrashy which I like, like on tracks "Our Time Is Now" and "Is This My Fate? He Asked Them."

The lyrics I believed suited the music perfectly and did the music justice. The lyrics were well written and carried messages and stories, they weren't just a bunch of words written down on the back of someones hand right before recording. The singers voice also suites this style of thrash, alternative rock/metal with his haunting screams.

This CD is much better than there previous and I think that no other bands in its genre can stand to it. Some of the songs that impressed me the most of this album were "Our Time Has Come" due to its sick and twisted guitar riffs and vocals, And "Is This My Fate? He Asked Them." Due to its thrashy metal core sound. Yet don't get me wrong all the songs on this CD are worth listening to but these two stood out the most. The one thing I hate about it though is that the guitar solos were not long and skull searing enough for me, but still half descent. If this CD were lost or stolen I would definetly go buy it again.