Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

This an excellent CD in all aspects. That is if you like punk and metal. They have tendencies to be fast paced punk to moderate paced hard rock to slow at some places. Track 5 is one of my favorites because it almost sounds metal instead of punk. I like both so that's cool. The sound is set apart for a punk band.

This CD has excellent lyrics. Most of the lyrics are dark, but melodic. The lyrics really fit in with the guitar parts. You wont find any stupid lyrics like Blink 182. They are all original. All though strage at some parts, for example...they sing about cyborgs...but maybe I just dont get the meaning. Lyrically, Story of the Year rules. Also, the singers ability to be punk, but also to scream like in hardcore rock/metal is in itself a reason to buy this album if you are a punk rocker or a heavy metaler, although he is punk more than screaming.

Overall, this CD is definately worth the $10.00 at Best Buy. For the younger people though it has a strangely given Parental Advisory as there is not 1 curse word in the album. It is mostly the nature of the lyrics and mood, I guess. This is a great album. If you get it (it is more than worth it), check out track two and four as they are my favorites. If this was stolen, I would kick the guys ass who stole it. If I couldn't I would definitely buy another one. This is one of my best CD's I have next to Wonder What's Next? by Chevelle and About a Burning Fire by Blindside (I recommend both). Also there is a little bit of humor at the CD, but it isnt very special. Overall, BUY THIS CD. IT IS GREAT. One of the best.