Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

This album sounds perfect for their music style. They do all they can do for their sound. Songs like sidewalks are all poetic and slow, for example in verse 1,"the bridge is all crumbled, the water soaks in to rocks/that fell at the bottom of the road". that just puts something soft in your head even though what they're talking about was the aftermath of a terrible accident. Also, songs like Divide and conquer have guitars with heavy distortion and the song even has this eerie intro that sounds like some raining city. THen theres Page avenue, which is a mixture of the 2, heavy guitars and poetic lyrics.

The lyrics can be poetic and soft to heavy and screaming. For songs like Dive Right In, the lyrics are great even though you know what they're about (suicide). Overall I think Dan did great with the lyrics to fit the guitars.

This album sounds like all the other rock stars nowadays(Lostprophets, Papa Roach, etc.), but SOTY's album feels like a "best of" album with those other bands. So yeah, it's better than most things I've been listening to. I think the best songs are Until the day I die, Anthem of our dying day, and sidewalks. I also think the outro of Page Avenue gives you a taste of Adams real skill as a bassist. He should do things like that more often.