Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

The sound of this CD is sot of like a mix between The Used and Taking Back Sunday. Not saying that Story Of The Year are a rip off of those bands they don't sound exactly the same. The album follows a common format which is vocals that go from quite to a scream behind loud or soft guitar.

The lyrics didn't particularly stand out for me except for the songs; "Until The Day I Die" and "Anthem Of Our Dying Day". The vocals suit the music good and Dan Marsala has a good scream on him.

I'm sure this album will be the bench mark that Story Of The Year will try and beat when releasing their next album. I think the most impressive tracks on the album are "Until The Day I Die", "Dive Right In" and "Anthem Of Our Dying Day". The thing I like most about this album was the guitar riffs (I think Ryan Philips and Phil Sneed are to very impressive guitarists). If this CD were lost or stolen I would probably just download it or burn it off a friend. I suggest if you are thinking of buying this album you should have a listen to it first on the net or in the store before buying it.