Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

The sound on this CD is great. SOTY mixes acoustic & electric guitars in Anthem Of Our Dying Day pretty good. They mix styles from punk and some metal and come up with an awesome CD.

The lyrics on Page Avenue are mostly associated with death. Here's what the songs are about. 01. And The Hero Will Drown (3:13) - I'm not exactly sure what this is about, but it has parts about death and getting things taken away. 02. Until The Day I Die (3:55) - the 1st single off the album, it's a love song and "spill(ing) my heart for you." It's one of my favorites. 03. Anthem Of Our Dying Day (3:36) - the 2nd single, I think its about showing your love for someone through a song. 04. In The Shadows (3:33) - I don't really like this song and don't understand it. 05. Dive Right In (3:15) - one of my favorite songs, I'm pretty sure its about going away forever. I like how he uses drowning as a metaphor. 06. Swallow The Knife (3:37) - this is another relationship song about having problems with your partner. 07. Burning Years (3:07) - a pretty OK song about friendship and holding on. 08. Page Avenue (3:37) - not the greatest chorus, but the song is about looking to the future after looking back at the past. 09. Sidewalks (3:34) - the 3rd single & my least favorite song. It's about his childhood or something like that & how he misses it now. 10. Divide And Conquer (3:04) - one of the harder songs about death and dancing corpes. WTF? Anyways, another part of the song is about listening to others and hurting yourself. 11. Razorblades (3:23) - a song about a friend who takes advantage of you. 12. Falling Down (3:58) - this is the shortest song. It's only about a minute long and then has 2 minutes of the band messing around. The song's about being alone and having mental instability.

This is about my 8th favorite CD (out of about the 50 that I have) and my favorite emo-core CD. I like just about every song, but I especially like Until The Day I Die & Divide And Conquer. If any of you assholes even think about stealing this, I'll take the broken pieces of my burned Yellowcard CD (damn I hate yellowcrap) and cut your throat with it.