Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

Story Of The Year's music is something different thats for sure. It's got a nice ring to it. It's very catchy. I think it's one of those albums that could play at a party and not have to worry about anyone complaining about the music. Story's music is very loud, upbeat, and invigorating. I love this band and their album. They kind of have a sound of Thrice and No Warning to them, but the singer, Dan, has a unique voice that is unmatchable. It's very cool! Definently one of my favourites.

The lyrics are heavy - feelings wise. If the band went through any of the things that they wrote about, which I'm almost positive they did, then no wonder they chose to write about them. Though some of the lyrics are depressing for some of the songs, they don't vent it out in an outburst of Rage, such as Three Days Grace. Story Of The Year's lyrics can be used as examples of teen/young adult friendships gone horribly wrong, even relationships gone wrong, but they don't sit there and complain about it like Simple Plan does with theirs. They kind of explain it in the sense of "Ok, this happened, onto the next", which, I think, is the best way to do it. Dan hits some noticible high vocals. He screams, but the band itself isn't classified as screamo. The screaming actually fits in with the music, instead of being totally off key, like some other bands out there. It's actually good screaming.

My overall impression of this band is very high. I have much respect for these guys. They aren't just some waste-of-time band. This is actually a very good band! Their best songs are probably "Until The Day I Die," "Anthem Of Our Dying Day," "Razorblades," "Page Avenue" and "Divide And Conquer." I love the sound of this album the best. It's very loud and very appealing, inspite of it's loudness, however, not exactly your mom's dream music because of it (unless your mom likes the same music you do. I know my mom doesn't). If this album was stolen and/or lost, I would definently get it again. It's just so good! Either that or I would track down the jerk who took it and kick the s--t out of him/her.