Page Avenue review by Story of the Year

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Story of the Year: Page Avenue

This is an okay sounding album, and I mean that the production is good. The guitar work, the singing, and everything else is just the same old emo bulls--t that we've been hearing for the last few years. Sounds like every other emo/hardcore band.

This being an emo/alternative cliche album, you have to have some of those emo cliche lyrics to go with all of the half-ass, crappily written songs. Very unimpressive and very unoriginal. Death, suicide, and other negative topics are continually all that this album is about. I have to give it credit though; it made me want to kill myself.

There are no good qualities on this CD. It was probably one of the worst CD's I've ever heard. Thankfully, I didn't buy it, I only borrowed it, but I gave it back almost immediately. I love nothing about it and I hate everything that it's about it, if it were stolen, I wouldn't give a shit. I'd leave out in the open for someone to steal it. Just terrible.

ticklemeemo
    "The guitar work, the singing, and everything else is just the same old emo bulls--t that we've been hearing for the last few years. Sounds like every other emo/hardcore band." They don't sound like "every other emo band" every other emo band sounds like them.
    tomadamsbw
    great album!!! i love sidewalks, and the hero will drown and anthem of our dying day if this album was taken from me i would buy a bazooka and shoot the bastard who stole it in the head great lyrics and awesome guitaring!!!!!