Prepare To Be Wrong review by Straylight Run

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Straylight Run: Prepare To Be Wrong

Simply amazing. Straylight Run have done it again, their follow up to their awesome debut is quite amazing. They have such a mature sound compared to other emo bands. Their sound is on a whole other level of emo. As most people probably know, John Nolan, guitar player, pianist and vocalist for straylight run used to play guutar in Taking Back Sunday. Staylight Run have a completley different sound than Tbs. Straylight Run make good use of the piano and acoustic guitar and it is shown on thir record. They dedicated this album to the american soldiers, so it is fitting that they covered Bob Dylan's "With God On Our Side." This record is similar to their self titled debut but is has its own edge and is a fresh album for a great band.

John Nolans lyrics on this ep are well done and thorough. He doesn't say things directly in his songs, he uses metaphors to try and get his message through. The lyrics really fit well with the music. They have a pretty big sound on this ep because for most of the songs they brought in another guitar player which helps complete their sound. Only one of the songs has some what similar lyrics but it still is overall a great song. In fact all the songs are great.

This album is definately up there with the other emoalbums that I own. Also it is comparable to their debut. This album is only an EP though so I'm assuming that this songs will appear on another album in this future, which is something to look forward to. Some of the most impressive songs on the album are "It Never Gets Easier," "Later That Year," and their cover of "With God On Our Side." What I love about this album is that it is unlike anything in my cd collection, it is truly unique. If I were stolen I would definately pick it up again.