Straylight Run review by Straylight Run

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Straylight Run: Straylight Run

When you have piano and a distorted guitar you might believe it won't work. Well it works. When you add soaring vocals to that you think it will sound weird. It's not weird. This album is a college-type album for an age range for the young. It works itself well like clay and molds most of the songs into you. No messing mixing here. The sound is something emotional, maybe that's why it's called emo?

On the track "Existentailism On Prom Night," the band makes a beautiful written song come to life the way it should. The lyrical view of the band is something real and isn't very comic or unreal. It is something taken from life and transcribed on a record and you can buy it in a store. It's something great. You have to hear it yourself.

This is one of the best emo albums I've heard. It's a harder edged emo record. It should really be checked out. It has more quailities then a Dashboard Confessional album does. I'm not saying it is better but it is a lot more interesting. I will say that it is better than any record Taking Back Sunday can make. Buy this album please. If not for me, for yourself. It's good for the soul.