Everything Goes Numb review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

People who loved the sound of old catch 22 (keasby night) will absolutely love Everything Goes Numb. Ex-members of catch 22 have formed (in my opinion) one of the best ska/punk bands of the new decade, they have a deeper sound (longer songs, only one song under 3 minutes). Powerful horn parts, fast past ska, and some blends of metal, this album is a treat. The record is very different from other ska record (it doesn't have a poppy sound to it).

Tom Kalnoky is a music genius (or at least a ska genius). This records lyrics range from robbing a bank (everything went numb) to showing people a better path than suicide (a better place, a better time) and some songs just make you want get up and dance (we are the few). Kalnoky is a great ska singer, not the greatest voice, but it blends in great with the music.

Streetlight Manifesto is amazing, I highly recommend this cd to Anyone who likes ska (especially the early days of catch 22). This might sound kinda pathetic, but I dont think there is anything wrong about this album, it's an all around awesome ska cd. And if they come to your town, go seem them live, they put on an excellent show, and they have personality.