Everything Goes Numb review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

Definitely not your average Ska band. This is a band with a sound all their own. Brilliant lyrics, great instrumentation.

Tomas Kalnoky is, and I generally don't like this term, a lyrical genius. He weaves words together like nobody else can do. The lyrics on this album show the gamut of emotions. He sings with great speed but is not at all difficult to understand. He's got great singing skills, and still somehow manages to play guitar at the same time.

Any complimentary words I have about this album cannot do it justice. It's like crack, it had barely left my CD player since I bought it. The only other album I can somewhat compare it to is Catch 22's Keasbey Nights, but with better lyrical content, better instrumentation, and the songs are much longer. Every track on this album is extraordinary, there is not a single song I'd skip over when listening to it. But standout tracks I'd say "Everything Goes Numb," "Here's To Life" and "A Moment Of Silence." This album has a bit of a dark mood to it. The horns are just incredibly powerful. If this album was lost or stolen, I'd be pissed, but I would definitely go out and buy it again.