Everything Goes Numb review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

The sound of this CD is spot on. The horns are on time as is the guitars and drums and bass. Streetlight mix ska and punk better than any other 3rd wave band around. The songs are more epic than your typical ska song which is a great thing. I like how they have two versions of the same song as well. A Moment Of Silence is probobly the slowest and most mellow sounding song on the album and then A Moment Of Violence is more of a hardcore punk song. Both have pretty much the same lyrics too. But like I said earlier this is more of an epic brand of ska wehere songs are longer and have many different sounding parts to them.

The lyrics are really different from anything else I've heard. Lots of cool chants. I love the backrground vocals from everyone else in the group which gives the lyrics that more chant like sound. The singer isn't the best. But that doesn't really matter to me. He sounds more of a punk singer than a ska singer but that's ok. Some lyrics tell stories too which will take a few listens to figure out so I will leave that to you.

Overall this is on of my favorite albums of all time. I'm deeply in love with this entire album and I'll go as far as saying that it beats the s--t out of Catch 22's Keasby Knights. For those of you who don't know Catch 22 came before Streetlight Manifesto which features some original memebers of Catch 22. I might be a bit biased when I say this album for me is a classic. As of right now I have burned copy of it so if that got lost/stolen I'd definitley buy this album. this is the kind of album that you buy, not burn. If you're new to ska buy this the band you want to listen to first. Streetlight Manifesto's blend of ska and punk can not be overlooked at all. You must hear this.