Everything Goes Numb review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

The first thing I noticed about this album is that it's not as fast as normal Tom Kalnoky material. That's right, the legendary Tomas Kalnoky is the lead singer of this band, who brought you Gimp, B.O.T.A.R. (his newest creation) and the Keasby Nights Era of Catch 22. The Horns are a lot more complex. It seems like they are leading the music, instead of just going with it, or hanging in the background like most 3rd wave ska. He recorded another version of Keasby Nights, which is always good.

They have a very distinct way of writing lyrics. They stand out a lot in every song. He also wrote the lyrics so they flow from one song to the next. Like one very long song, yet each track has it's own unique identity. The lyrics are a lot darker than Toms other stuff.

I love everything about this album, but, it's missing that "Get Up And Skank" factor, that Keasby Nights had. The stand out song is defiantly Point/Counter Point. I listen to this album literally every week, and I've had it for almost a year. I defiantly recommend this album.