Everything Goes Numb review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

That was my first thought as I first listened to this album. It's just amazing, I love the interweaving melodies, and the jumping back and forth between different stanza's. The sound of the album just feels like you're in the room with the band as they're recording it. I love the guitar parts on this album, they're at breakneck speeds and yet he's still able to sing. It's amazing. I had been a fan of SM even before I actually knew who they were. My friend would play in my car on the way home from school, but I forgot about them until I went to a music store and saw this CD for 10 bucks. What a steal for such a great album. It wasn't until I started listening it that I realized that I heard this before. I love everything about this album.

The lyrics are really deep (sorry for the clich). But they aren't the usually pop song lyrics. they deal with some real issues like suicide and death. Yet the way they convey the message is just great. Each set of lyrics fit the music background like a glove. I've noticed a lot of people saying that Kalnoky's singing isn't that good, but I've got to say I love his gruff voice and speedy singing, it was meant for this style of music, and the fact that he's singing the higher notes in the backup vocals has got to say something about his ability.

All in all I love this album, and it's a great way to start a career. Everything on this album just tells you what this group is capable of doing. I find the best songs on the album are "Everything Goes Numb," "Point/Counterpoint," "Here's To Life," "A Better Place, A Better Time" and "A Moment Of Silence". There reallys isn't much to hate on this album, if you appreciate good 3rd wave ska then this album is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I would buy this CD again in a heartbeat if anything happened to it. That way I'd be supporting an awesome band twice for the same CD.