Somewhere In The Between review by Streetlight Manifesto

• Released: Nov 13, 2007
Streetlight Manifesto: Somewhere In The Between

This album overall, was amazing. The music didn't seem verse, chorus, verse, so on. It had a lot of parts it seemed, or cool variations. It is definitly not an album that you would skip to the good song. Every song was great. I think the trumpets flowed perfect with the songs and had a lot complex parts. The bass is incredible. When I listen to some songs "Somewhere in the Between" "We Will Fall Together" and "Would you be Impressed" just sent shivers down my spine of how it flowed. Every musician knew what they were doing it seemed. Also DEFINITLY not repeatative in each song. As a ska fan, this is completely different then reel big fish or less than jake. It seems like a mix of NOFX and bosstones.

I love the singer with a kinda scratchy voice. He sounds like NOFX or Rancid. Some find it annoying, but his fast but clear words are great. The lyrics have meaning it seems. I don't know a lot about how good lyrics are, though haha. He sings fast, and I think is perfect to the songs sound.

I love absolutely everything about this album. It was definitly different from other ska punk. The wind instrument solos make up the songs and the bass is great. The best songs were "Somewhere in the Between" "We Will Fall Together" "Would you be Impressed" "Forty Days" amd "Down Down Down to Mephisto's Cafe" I think this album is only for people with a taste like mine. If you don't mind rancid and love ska punk, this is a great artist for you. If someone stole this, after I was done crying, I would track down the robber and kill him.

ruker
    I must say, prior to getting into SM's first release, I wasn't really into Ska. I got little snippets in bands like Sublime, but nothing full-fledged Ska. The band really opened my eyes to the music. After spinning Everything Goes Numb about 5 million times, I decided to see if the band had any other material and to my surprise they had just released Somewhere In The Between. Such good, happy music. SITB really pushed me further into a SM coma. I swear about 5 times a week when I wake up, I've got some SM lyrics stuck in my head and HAVE to listen to them.