Ensenada review by Stuntditch

Stuntditch: Ensenada

I'm amazed that these guys aren't more popular. They have a laid back ska groove to them. They feel sublime but with a slighly heavier sound to them. The guitars are clear and defined and the bass and drums are driving and fit in perfectly. Not all songs are created equal. Some aren't as catchy or as impressionable as the others, but the six songs are all decent and 4 of them are great. So you can't complain too much.

The lyrics are about independence and the search for happiness. The songs have similar vibes: Let me live my life, and there is something better than what we have and we need to find it. The singer is good at what he does. He has a warm and slightly rough tone and stays consistant throughout the whole album.

The CD is origional but has a familiar feel. If you like surf rock you will love this cd. The songs are well written and the music is sincere. My favorite songs are "State of Mind" "Pipe Dream" and "Home". I don't have any complaints about the CD, I just think that they should be more appreciated.