Badfish review by Sublime

• Released: Aug 8, 1995
Sublime: Badfish

The sound on this album is much like "40 Oz. To Freedom", as most of the songs are from that CD. This is not a bad thing, however, as 40 Oz had a great sound. The new songs, "Untitled Dub" and "Roots Of Creation" have sound that isn't that great. "Untitled Dub" was recorded live, and "Roots Of Creation" was recorded in 1988, just as Sublime was starting out. Overall, though, pretty good. Great musicianship as always. The style is classic Sublime as well.

The lyrics are just like any other Sublime lyrics. Not brilliant, but fit the songs perfectly. The only song with deep meaningful lyrics is Badfish, which is amazing and is one of my favorite Sublime songs. All in all, the lyrics fit the music well, but are not brilliant on their own.

This album is more like a single, but has a few rarities that hardcore Sublime fans would find interesting. "Roots Of Creation" and "Badfish" are the two best songs on this album. If it were stolen, I would buy it again for sure if I could find it. Worth the cheap price ($8 Canadian). Good CD.