Sublime review by Sublime

• Released: Jul 30, 1996
Sublime: Sublime

I love the variety that this CD offers. Ska, Raggae, Punk are here. And done well. Bradley has a melodious voice that fits into a range of tempos and styles, from the smooth remake "Doin' Time" to the fast-paced "Same In The End." There's so much to the "Sound" of this album that I can't put into words - you simply have to listen to it yourself.

The lyrics are original and are never out of place. "Caress Me Down" and "Santeria" are two examples of excellent lyrics that match the played music very well. They also say what they want and not what people want to hear. As I shortly described in "Sound," Bradley Nowell (their lead singer) is a very talented singer. To truly hear his talents, you should look at "Bradley Nowell & Friends," Sublime's acoustic album.

In my opinion, this is Sublime's best album. Here you can see their musical genius. It really is a shame that Nowell died so prematurely I believe he would've matured even further and became a prominent musician through Sublime. Things would be different. I have listened to this CD through-and-through hundreds of times and it hasn't gotten old yet. I love it because it is Sublime. If it got jacked, I would buy it again and again.