Sublime review by Sublime

• Released: Jul 30, 1996
Sublime: Sublime

Probably the greatest Ska Punk band in history, Sublime, has created a landmark in music overall. Brad's guitar playing on this record is that of legends. In the song "April 29th, 1992" the ska guitar playing is beautifully mixed with the punk/ anarachial feel of the song. The rhythm section is remarkable! The bass keeps the songs flowing, while the drums lays a beautiful foundation for Brad to work his guitar magic off of. Nowell has created, along with memorable riffs, guitar solos that are unique and have such emotion. The song "Under My Voodoo" gives us an awesome guitar interlude as the intro. This record should be in every music lover's collection.

The lyrics by Nowell are influenced from the laid back style of reggae, but in songs like "April 29, 1992" and "Seed" he shows his prove Brad's varying lyrical styles. He is a great lyricist in my opinion, but some would say that he is sort of a joke and deserves to be in with Blink-182 for lyrical depth (songs like "The Blowjob Song" and "What's My Age Again?" aren't exactly deep songs).

In the end, this record is one of the best out there. If your looking for something break away from the usual AC/DC and Journey classic rock, this is it. Ska Punk blends two of the greatest genres ever and they harmoniously work, in this CD anyway, due to Sublime's amazing musical ability and Brad Nowell's knowledge of Reggae/Ska music.

badfish2829
    This album doesn't need another review. It's already been certified as "Timeless".
    onejamminfool
    Great Album through and through. Cant wait to see two thirds of Sublime and of course rome June 5th in Brantford. And dont forget people, check out Bud Gaugh, ya he's right on time, and listen Eric Wilson with the funky bass line, BASS!
    tsf56
    I'm suprised no one menchened the masterful lyrics of Brad. Like they gave him props but all they talked about was Santeria. One of my personal favourite quotes from the whole album was on Garden Grove with " Saying I'm happy when I'm not, Finding roaches in the pot" I mean, that could be straight foreward drug related but its also a hell of a riddle.
    madh4ttr
    an absolute great album. perfect to listen to while sitting around smoking...I mean hangin out
    bobt68021
    Brentin
    bobt68021 wrote: dude this is album is like an 8 tops. Thats the highest rating ive seen on here, not the best album of all time tho. I love the album. People just love it because that dudes dead. just like all other ppl who die and become famous before they fizzle out.theres alot of bands deserving of this credit.
    Obvious troll is obvious.