Sublime review by Sublime

• Released: Jul 30, 1996
Sublime: Sublime

Well first off you can't really classify Sublime's sound if you are a sublime fan you know what I am talking about. It a mixture of reggae, ska, dub, hip-hop, punk rock, and dancehall. Their self titled album is probably not their best but stuff they wanted to put this one out for the label which was their first and only major album. Bradley Nowell lead singer for Sublime actually was a hardcore punk rock fan you can hear it in his music but he kinda took a turn for reggae and dancehall stuff which was good and he basically loved music all types.

Sublime lyrics are crazy good they express what they go through as a band in their lyrics some say its not deep but its heartfelt. They mix their lyrics in with their music like no other band I've ever seen "Santeria" is a good one or "Seed is another. Where they fit in the happy parts with the ska and groovie parts with the bass line and reggae rhythm and jamming out with punk rock. Bradley Nowell singing skills well I'll let you decide that but Bradley Nowell is equal in his style to me to Kurt Cobain.

"Sublime" you can really compare it to their other albums I wont say their "expiremental" but their music is whole lot of different styles you can say their similar to "Pepper" or "Slightly Stoopid" or "Ballyhoo". List goes on forever. Most impressive songs are "Santeria", "What I Got", "Date Rape", and maybe "Doin Time" also "Wrong Way". I love everything bout the album and Sublime. I hate Brad had to die. Of course I would buy it again.