Sublime Acoustic: Bradley Nowell & Friends review by Sublime

• Released: Nov 17, 1998
Sublime: Sublime Acoustic: Bradley Nowell & Friends

The sound of this album is very relaxed and chill, but also has a coulple of songs where the music is fast paced and emphasized. This album is a great way to just listen and enjoy the music that is produced, Brad's voice is strong, yet smooth and it goes right in tune with the song. The sounds that come from the album are pretty self explanatory it is stated in the album:Acuostic. Which is what it is, but it's nice to here Sublime songs mellowed out. The best song sound wise is Don't Push.

The lyrics of this acuostic compilation are not too deep, I'm not saying that the songs don't have meaning because they do, I'm just saying that the meaning of the songs are not that hard to figure out. The lyrics don't have to be that deep anyway, because they are pretty tight. The songs send strong messages to the listener, messages of peace, non-violence, and love. The lyrics speak out to you and you just kind of want to forget about the world and just relax a little. The best song lyrically is Saw Red.

This is a really, really good representation of Sublime and what they stand for. This album I think was one of the bands best, and I would certainly by it again if I were to misplace it. The only negative thing about this album is that on some of the songs like Garden Grove and KRS One are hard to hear over the voices of the people in the background. But the rest of the album is incredible, so get out and buy this album, now! The best song on the whole CD is Boss D.J.