In Due Time review by Submersed

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
Submersed: In Due Time

My first impression of Submersed was set when I stumbled over their song "You Run." I was suddenly amazed at how it sounded, how the two guitars fit together, and just how smooth everything was. There were some rough edges, but it just sounded right with the music. So I went and got the CD. I found something different on each track that I liked, a lot! The music is just nice, something that I could listen to for years to come. And the lead guitarist is only 18 years old and a personal friend of Mark Tremonti (Creed/Alter Bridge). This kid will only get better as time passes. There are a lot of rock chords in the music, layed down with an almost constant sweet of arpeggios or different runs. There is a feel of exotic oriental music on the beginning of Divide The Hate, which is really cool. Great CD!

My overall impression of the lyrics were just wow. They were well written, althought semi-repetative. Even though that is considered a common beginners mistake, it sounds right. The lyrics go with the music like nothing else. They are like toast and butter, couldn't be better. The skill of singer is just awesome. Given that he isn't a Miles Kennedy (Alter Bridge), he can still easily hold his own. The vocals on Hollow and At Peace are just inspiring, something that people will remember for years to come.

This band and CD could easily be compaired with Creed, Alter Bridge, Strata, and all the other Wind-Up labeled artists. I have a feeling once people find these guys, they will go to the top of the charts. The most impressive songs would have to be: Hollow, You Run, At Peace, Piano Song, Unconcered, and Flicker. I love almost everything about the album, save one or two songs, but there are always one or two songs that just don't seem right. It always happens. Lost or stolen, I would get this CD again, all there is too it.