Breeding The Spawn review by Suffocation

• Released: May 18, 1993
Suffocation: Breeding The Spawn

I still remenber when I first heard "Breeding The Spawn" by suffocation and my first re-action was, "these guys can play" because the songs are so technical, complex, intelligent, original, and, it defines the word brutal... It's hard to pick a favorite song but if I had to pick? It would be "Beginning Of Sorrow" a amazing song. All hail to suffocation! Musicianship is awesome however production is very poor quality, however a great album.

Lyrics fit in well with the songs and, after repeated listening, a message is gathered from the songs. Frank Mullen, vocalist Unlike some death metal vocalists, his lyrics are pronounced more clearly. He achieves this by simply opening his mouth wider, but still retaining his low-pitched growls. Lyrically, his work has covered a range of topics: earlier pieces being iconically brutal: having being credited as one of the founders of the Brutal death metal theme. Frank is one of the few Death metal vocalists to achieve such a loud, distinct and distorted vocal style without the use of external effects.

This is a really brutal CD but has terrible production I would reccomended for you to listen to earlier suffocation albums and pierced from within to really hear what there about even though breeding the span is a good CD if you want to hear suffocation's best most talent music listen to effigy of the forgotten the CD before this one and pierced from within which has realyy good bass playing with chris richards and really good drumming with dave culross who was also the drummer for death metal bands Malevolent creation and Incantion.

webbtje
    Divinephyton
    webbtje wrote: God, this needs a proofread or three. There isn't really much of a description of what this sounds like apart from the word 'brutal' being chucked around all over the place. Decent otherwise.
    All over the place; more like 4 times. That's decent for a Suffocation review, man. I would've added 2 more brutals in there somewhere.... maybe 3
    LTDman90
    I would have to agree with most of what was said. All I really have to say though is that they are defiently worth going to see. Seein em this year on the Summer Slaughter Tour!
    pablo02324
    One of the greatest DM bands of all time... If you like this album, def check out "Despise the Sun" and "Pierced From Within." My two personal favs..... I can't wait to see 'em play this summer AND "Blood Oath" comes out in July! woohoo
    dharok
    Dave Culross did not drum on "Pierced from Within". The author must have been referring to the EP "Despise the Sun" that was released a few years after "Pierced from Within". Culross drummed on that one.