Effigy Of The Forgotten review by Suffocation

• Released: Oct 8, 1991
Suffocation: Effigy Of The Forgotten

This album is the most brutal and heavy album ever made. Suffocation is one of the first technical brutal death metal band ever formed, and the founders of NYDM (New York death metal). The guitar work is amazing because the riffs are very crunchy intense. Plus this album is a Death Metal classic, and it introduced the true meaning of brutal death metal. The drumming is very fast and also this bands creates the best blast beats ever.

The lyrics are very written and poetics, it's much more appropriate than the lyrics of Cannibal Corpse which they write cheesy and gorish lyric saying that they will someone, cut their guts out, or rape them to death, or maybe sucking the blood of the living or dead. Frank Mullen does the Death Growl extremely low and sometimes you can't even hear what he is saying, which is sick.

This is very classic metal album of Brutal Death Metal. This album is so original that it can't even compare to other albums. All the songs in this albums blow me away. I would be wicked piss if this album is lost or stolen, then again I have to download everything again. But you guys should definitely get this album, it's the best.

freedomdeceptiv
    Great Band, they ****in know how to play but the does the reviewer know how to write? And insulting cannibal corpse on the basis that their purposely cheesy lyrics are too cheesy? come on, haha
    sevenchurches
    The lyrics are very written and poetics, it's much
    more appropriate than the lyrics of Cannibal Corpse which they write cheesy and gorish lyric saying that they will someone, cut their guts out, or rape them to death , or maybe sucking the blood of the living or dead
    the riffs are very crunchy intense
    where is the LOL button because I am
    Frank Mullen does the Death Growl
    I like how you capitalised the first letters lol
    WHAT WHAT WHAT???! ARE YOU ON ABOUT???
    Funeral Moon
    This is definitely a defining album for Death Metal. Suffocation is overlooked by a lot of people. Every Death Metalhead needs to check this out... I can't wait to see what they do next since they're unsigned.
    IAMCJ1
    Probs the worst review ever imo... way to opinionised... amazing album though
    el_guitarrist
    this album is good, but u cant understand what Franks says, because he forces so much his voice, it appears that his neck will explode!!!!!kabummm!!!!!
    sevenchurches
    I thought I'd also add that I think that maybe 1% of all people who commented on this review actually speak English with a certain degree of fluency. That would be me French and Gaeilge too
    metalhead_99801
    i'm pretty sure frank mullen has the best death metal vox ever. they are so horribly evil and inhuman, it's just perfect.
    el_guitarrist
    i agree with Wykidtron, Despise the Sun is the BEST work of Suffocation, is more techinical than all the others, it have the better DRUMS
    DeathThrash007
    I wrote this review but my account didn't work that time. I'm sorry you guys think it's a bad review but I catch everything when I write. Anyways Suffocation is one of my favorite bands, and this album owns.
    Wykidtron
    Jesus, it turned the colon and D for Despise into a smily face. Emoticons are stupid as hell. along with all the gay E-lingo, like lOL PWN..its gay
    AzureNight
    Decent review, this is one of my favourite death metal releases. Absolute brutality, perfect in every way.