Palm Trees And Power Lines review by Sugarcult

• Released: Apr 13, 2004
Sugarcult: Palm Trees And Power Lines

They have a very good sound...but I like it when bands take chances with their sound, and no chances were taken here.

Very good, but nothing too special.

She's The Blade: 4 out of 5. It's a good song, something you would have heard on their last CD. Crying: 4 out of 5. Nice beat, powerful vocals, but still, not much of a change. Memory: 4.5 out of 5. Alright, someting a little different. I can see this song becoming one of those songs someone will hear on the radio and say- "Ooh, i like this song." and they'll know the words, but wont have a clue who its by...very catchy. Worst December: 3 out of 5. Worst song. Seems kind of like a space-filler. Back To California: 5 out of 5. A GREAT slow song by Sugarcult, I didn't think I'd see the day, since the slow songs on their last CD weren't to good. I give them major props for this song. Destination Anywhere: 5 out of 5 (but not as good as Back To California). Very very interesting. Awesome intro, kind of 80's-ish, all-around-good. Champagne: 5 out of 5. You want it, you need it, I cant explain. What You Say: 5 OUT OF 5! This is my personal favorite, although to others it may be just as good as the five of fives, the hardest song on the album, and very fun. Over: 4.5 out of 5. Good. Head Up: 3.5 out of 5. When the song started, and it was only the music was playing, I thought I'd love this song, but as it continues in only goes down hill, not bad, not great. Counting Stars: 4.5 out of 5. Turn your stereo on and lay on your bad and think to this one... Sign Off: 4 out of 5. Creative intro, nice, fine, good. Overall this CD deserves a 4.5, nearly excellent, but not quite.