Palm Trees And Power Lines review by Sugarcult

• Released: Apr 13, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Sugarcult: Palm Trees And Power Lines

The music on this record is awfully simple, repetitive, generic, and uncreative. They don't try anything different than just plain powercords. The intro on destination anywhere is sorta cool but the song blows. Some of the music for these songs I could literally make up in 10 minutes.

The lyrics on this album are pretty laughable. They are even worse than simple plan or the all american rejects. How could these guys think that such complete crap could be in a song? Lyrics like "all I wanna do is sit next to you all I ever really need is you". Its just stuff that rhymes. This is not at all emotional music. If they tried to be they failed horribly. I fell that I could definetly write much better lyrics than this trash. Sign Off is one of the biggest failed attemps of an emotional song I have ever heard.

Look if this band has one good thing about them it's that you could just rock out to their music without paying attention to anything they put into it like lyrics, song structure, etc. I think of these guys as a novelty band meant for party music. This album was a waste of money and it is not worth buying. Go listen to some real music like Rancid, Afi, Blink 182, Weezer, or New Found Glory. Those bands have good lyrics and music.