Palm Trees And Power Lines review by Sugarcult

• Released: Apr 13, 2004
Sugarcult: Palm Trees And Power Lines

OK I'm making this reveiw as a response to the previous one. This CD rocks. The sound is great, yes there are power chord riffs, but with more than decent-sounding (if easy to play) guitar licks. Two guitarists. The music in general just sounds great and deep for a punk band. Like any other loyal music fan, I don't care if the guitar lines are easy 'cause they sound great. One of the best punk bands around.

The lyrics are impressive, and emotional and happy where needed. The lyrics on memory are the best from the whole album. The singing goes great with the music, the singer can sing and his voice sounds cool. What more can I say.

If you like bands like Blink 182, Green Day, Simple Plan, any other punk band or even stuff like Finch or Lost Prophets, this album is something worth buying. I personally think its great and I was very impressed when I bought it and listened. The music might be simple but sometimes the best songs are the simple ones, simple is sweet. The best songs are Memory and Champagne. If I lost this album I'd buy it again straight away; and if it was stolen id probably get arrested for manslaughter.

VolucrisExNox
    I think the most noticable thing in this album is that every song, although simply crafted, expresses at its best what the vocalist feels. In my opinion, the music arranged for each song does a good job accompanying the lyrics and I would personally give this album a 4.5 out of 5.
    AsherKetchum
    I just realized... O_o; Sugarcult doesn't sound like any of the other new bands. They don't depend on the emo genre (Sugarcult) They actually sound good.