No Time To Bleed review by Suicide Silence

• Released: Jun 30, 2009
Suicide Silence: No Time To Bleed

When I first heard Suicide Silence, I thought "absolutely brootal as f--k!" That was back when I heard "The Cleansing". Now, two years later, they've release "No Time to Bleed" and only one word can describe it. EPIC! SS have kept to their old sound of making f--king heavy deathcore music but they've also advanced in many ways. This album is all about the layered guitars and technical work. Mitch's vocals also are right on key the whole time. Most screamers' vocals tend to weaken over time but Mitch's hasn't. If anything, they are stronger and better with this album. By far, it is their heaviest album to date and it is probably the best. The work of the guitarists is pure gold. They've also brought in a more metal sound to them due to the fact that they are influenced with guitar solos, unlike "The Cleansing".

Unlike "The Cleansing", Suicide Silence has gone into a more deeper, metaphorical way of lyrics. It's not like past songs where it is very blatant lyrics that are controversial and shocking such as Mitch's constant reference to calling out God in The Cleansing. These lyrics focus more on the world around us and society in general and also just the usual shock factor of any heavy band. They seem to match the music very well though and everything flows together. Mitch's vocals have increased greatly in talent. Even though he puts distortion on his voice, his differentiation between highs and lows is apparent. Also, his low growls and gutteralls have improved, including the use of slight pig-squeals at some times.

This album is like The Cleansing but like I said, it is very different. It is a much more mature sound for Suicide Silence. Songs on the cd: 01."Wake Up": a heavy song to start the album off and get you pumped for the rest of it. Sets the mood that it's going to be a heavy, fast-paced, brootal album. 02."Lifted": the first track to be released off of the album. Features heavy guitar and an amazing breakdown. 03."Smoke": an intro that stays in your head and holds your attention the whole time. Very fast-paced song that gets you in the mood to mosh and circle-pit. 04."Something Invisible": a very generic "chug-chug" heavy, fast song with some good guitar riffs. 05."No Time to Bleed": the cover track and also one of my favorite songs. Very rememborable breakdown and fun to listen to. 06."Suffer": also one of my favorite tracks on the album. This song is a fast-paced, heavy song. It has good guitar that keeps it going and the drumming is very good in this song. The song slows down about half way into the breakdown. 07."...and Then She Bled": this song is the mid-point of the album and gives you a nice break. It's not a real legit song. It's more of an instrumental with ambient noises in the intro. It's kind of like a big breakdown. But the whole track has a backing track of what seems like a 911 call from a woman who was with someone and they are being chased by a murderer or something like that. 08."Wasted": an intro reminiscent to "Wake Up" and then choppy vocals that lead back into the usual fast, blast-beat driven parts. Good song. 09."Your Creations": by now, the album gets kind of repetitive but it's still a good song. Slows down at some random parts and then speeds right back up. 10."Genocide": one of my favorite songs. Best lyrics on the album "we've been f--king this whore mother earth for awhile. She's a filthy bitch anyway." 11."Disengage": a heavy song to end the album with. Kind of a slower pace than most of the songs on the cd. Mitch uses his lows a lot on this song. Kind of like a big breakdown in a sense. What I love about the album is the brootalness of the whole thing and how it's fast paced and very guitar driven. I didn't like that after a while, the songs got a little repetitive and sounded the same. If this CD were lost or stolen, I would definately go buy it right away, but I don't let it out of my sight so that shouldn't be a problem. Go buy this album, you won't regret it. Brootal as f--k. Suicide silence ftw!

inhatredofme
    Good review but I listened to it and I really don't think they've taken much of a step forward. Same blast beats and sludgy breakdowns.
    IronMaiden5
    SamuraiLP
    IronMaiden5 wrote: I can't take this review serious when you use the term "brootal". Sorry, I just can't.
    Seriously I could understand some lyrical brutality Some brutal guitar but brootal? Thats for little ****ing scene kids that judge music by how heavy it is, not how good it is. The only thing I care about is that their singer no longer gurgles when he screams.
    Who Sh0t Ya HxO
    beerandmurder wrote: im just tired of breakdowns and distorted vocals are just sad this band is really over rated
    To you it is overrated, to us who like the band it isn't. Nothing is overrated imo, it's obviously rated that good because a lot of people like them.
    pyritmann
    i hate it when metalheads bash these kind of bands just because of the scene they're in, listen to it first not just say "THEY HAVE HAIR AND EMO FRIENDS... SHUN!!!!" broaden your horizons people. Metal isnt the only good music out there.
    nogo427
    Fanboy reviews should not be taken seriously. It's a solid album, but no 9.7. It's also nothing you wouldn't expect from Suicide Silence by now. I'd say it's closer to 7/10.
    Temnyj Korol
    SamuraiLP
    haz_uk wrote: yet another example of kids with floppy hair infecting a respectable genre and raping it of all credibility. there's no talent here.
    Shredder Guitar
    I've only heard Lifted and their cover of Them Bones by Alice in Chains, and it just sounds like Suicide Silence. Nothing really new, just pumping out what they know they can do and no expanding upon their sound at all. I mean, they're pretty good, but they could make their music so much more varied in terms of guitar work and vocals. Great album cover, though. I love it.
    caught22
    I prefer The Cleansing to this. I listened to the first half of the cd and I couldn't get over how repetitive it was. All the songs sound similar. I don't think it's as heavy as the cleansing either. I just didn't get that excited listening to it.
    -XM-
    Nirvanarien
    Mr.Highway wrote: OMG its so weird that people argue over something as shitty as suicide silence... i dont even classify them as real music.. not much taste to it. if u want to see wat their new album sounds like, give a gorilla a hard on and give it head. i think it wud sound pretty similar
    hahaha you made i lol pretty damn hard xD But this really isn't music well not ''true'' music anyway... Also i once saw a SS(makes me think of germany all over again) vid and that singer is just an scene kid/Emo fag lol
    Mr.Highway
    iwroteasongonce
    whoa whoa whoa this cd is amazing. and whitechapel is amazing. why must we argue?? i think everyone should take a time out and go check out Once We Were Buried. more breakdowns then a midlife crisis.
    63Dylan63
    The only thing I wanted to say about this is that Nate Johnson is doing vocals at the end of Destruction of a Statue, not Mitch.
    xJohnxAnarchyx
    I think anyone who spells "brutal" like "brootal" shouldn't even have the review put on the site. Fucking spell it right. SS is a good band and I hope to pick up this cd. Yeah there are millions of Deathcore bands. I mostly hate it. But SS is one band to have grabbed my attention.
    smartassorange
    joshlyksturtles
    joshlyksturtles
    alexi_is_God
    i dunno, i like the album and i'm a huge ss fan (going to see them on the 27th =D) but i think i prefer the cleansing to this. No Time To Bleed seems to have a more speedy agressive nature in my opinion and i noticed that the low screams arent always as low as they used to be which is fine but i still kinda miss them, end point, if you love deathcore get it,
    abrftw1995
    joshlyksturtles wrote: Softserved wrote: Lol. I see a lot of Chapel VS. Suicide Silence talk. Both have there own weaknesses and advantages. Whitechapel has a less repetitive repertoire of riffs, but the lyrics aren't very well written to be honest. It's like they're just trying to use big words, without knowing the full meaning of them. Suicide Silence is a little more repetitive, yes, but they make up for it in good lyrical composition. Not great, but at least good. The only true drawback I find with Suicide Silence vocals, processed or not, are Mitch's highs. His lows can be magnificent, such in the case of the ending of Destruction of a Statue, but his highs can be headache inducing. Did you really just say you prefer SS's lyrics? Whitechapel have phenomenal lyrics. 50%of SS's lyrics have something to do with being god free. Maybe you just can't comprehend the "big words" Whitechapel use.
    lol the lyrics in the somatic defilement were far from phenomenal haha
    Metal4themasses
    This reveiw is ok. Lot's of spelling earors. But Suicide Silence is not deathcore! The band says so themselves! I dunno why everyone thinks they are.
    mtllica
    I have enjoyed this album, but I find it quite disappointing :/ I mean, it gets kind of repetitive after the first couple songs
    zeroordie6868
    -XM- wrote: I think this CD is not compareable at all to their old stuff, it feels too perfected. Whereas The Cleansing kinda had that "I don't give a damn" feel which kind of made the CD in my opinion. The Cleansing wasn't a perfect CD by any means, but it's way better then this imo.
    that's because The Cleansing was recorded live and mastered in a studio
    dixie_nourmous
    kia77 wrote: its not possible to fake any screaming vocals u dumb ass its all real no matter how high or low it is
    no it isnt. me and my friend do it through his digitech rp350 and it sounds amazing
    Who Sh0t Ya HxO
    smartassorange wrote: I don't understand how anyone can give this band a positive review. they are terrible. Suicide Silence makes some pretty bad music and it baffles me that anyone can think they are good.
    It baffles you because you aren't metal enough to understand it. You can't comprehend and make sense of what good chugging riffs are supposed to sound like. SS has good chugging riffs, nice vocals, I like the lows, even though they're digital it still sounds awesome.
    kellen.dobmeier
    kellen.dobmeier wrote: Yeah dude I'm pretty sure that Whitechapels vocals are COMPLETELY fake; the only vocalist that I know of that can growl that low is Chris Barnes. Not to say that they aren't a good band, they are. Just fake vocals is all. And as for the new SS album, well.... It's deathcore. I'll just say that. -Phil's vocals, however, don't sound nearly as fake and processed as Mitch's. You gotta at least admit that. Also, in his live performances, Phil at least sounds very close to the recording whereas Mitch doesn't sound a thing close to SS's recordings. Yes, this album is deathcore, but it's very shitty compared to Whitechapel's "The Somatic Defilement" or "This is Exile" Have you ever seen Whitchapel live? There's no way they can be fake, Phil Bozeman is just really f***ing good.
    -Dude I love Whitechapel. The second half is my response to the first half. I've watched a live set of Whitechapel's and Phil Bozeman is amazing. The only drawback was that Ben completely messed up the "Father of Lies" solo which shouldn't be that difficult to play. I know Phil's vocals aren't fake whereas Mitch's are entirely fake.
    kellen.dobmeier
    -Suicide Silence is Deathcore with pretty much 99% of the influence being hardcore. I don't think you can even classify them as metal. If you think they can be classified as metal, back up your point. In the meantime, go listen to some Whitechapel.
    HORSE ASSASSIN
    i thought this album was more creative and didn't sond like one giant song like their last album "the cleansing"
    abrftw1995
    05."No Time to Bleed": the cover track and also one of my favorite songs. Very rememborable breakdown and fun to listen to lol what the **** does "rememborable" mean? do you mean memorable? hahaha
    -core
    Temnyj Korol wrote: I really don't like it when fan boys write reviews... -.- I mean, having someone who likes the band writing it is fine. But when they go on non-stop throughout the entire review how much they love the band, it makes me think that they'd probably give the album 10 simply coz it's by said band.
    I agree. Someone from the UG staff should do it.
    Softserved
    It isn't a bad CD by any means.... but surely not a 9.7 It sounds like the cleansing with a little better recording >_> still the same sound, different lyrics still heavy, and has some pretty tech riffs....
    Pretty_Much
    And everything this band does and touches is overrated and they are just like 90 percent of the other crappy deathcore bands.
    Nvtek987
    guys lets not get mean its a good album, but not obviously the best thing ever created call it what you will, but there are deffinitely some changes to the style
    Lloyd2
    Suicide has always been a very mediocre band to me like most of the deathcore bands but i think they've created some enjoyable songs on this record imho. I also can'T stand their music too long because it gets repetive very fast. But i think they have improved in not being as repetive as on the cleansing. But i dont like those discussions this band being fashion scene kid music or if you can call it metal. just shut up and stop bashing bands around (sry for my english)
    TheSound
    The thing with suicide silence is that it's pretty catchy, but i shit you not when I say their music sucks. The most technicality they can put in a song is a generic sweep in a non-altered scale. I still listnen to them when I need something pretty heavy, but honestly. They're not getting in my top 50 2009 releases