No Time To Bleed review by Suicide Silence

• Released: Jun 30, 2009
Suicide Silence: No Time To Bleed

Ok, here we go. Suicide Silence's sophomore album, No Time to Bleed. A highly anticipated album having much success with 'The Cleansing". I can tell you right off the bat that there isn't too much thats really different "sound" wise from the cleansing and NttB. However, Suicide Silence created an album that can be listened to, from front to back. Every song has an element that catches your attention and will most likely have your head banging within no time. Let me go over each song in slightly more detail: 01.Wake Up: the first song. Absolutely brutal. One of the first things you'll hear is Mitch Luker scream 'WAKE UP! WAKE UP!' The rest of the song feeds off the high energy that Mitch Luker creates b/c he is really one of the high points of this album. Not to mention it has a classic SS riff towards the end thats always awesome. 9/10 02.Lifted: one of my favorite songs on the album. The intro reminds me of Meshuggah's "Bleed". It then breaks into one of the catchiest riffs in the whole album. This song is genius (and fun to play on the guitar!) 10/10 03.Smoke: another awesome intro. However the song lacks the catchiness and the edge that the other songs have. However its still brutal and will definitely be on SS's live set list I'm sure. 8/10 04.Something Invisible: my least favorite track. Very forgettable as it really just blends in with the entire sound of the album. However, its still a brutal track. 7/10 05.No Time to Bleed: this song is SO BRUTAL. One of the bests on the album. 10/10 06.Suffer: another heavy song which features the band yelling 'Suffer!" in the chorus. Gonna be fun to mosh to. 10/10 07....and Then She Bled: the intrumental track. Extremely heavy guitar riffs over what sounds to be a phone conversation involving a murder. Brutal. 10/10 08.Wasted: a song about getting wasted... thats oretty metal. Overall good, song though. Crunching guitars with brutal vox from Mitch. 9/10 09.Your Creations: an old song. Has a nice break down, and contains that tone suicide silence carries in all of their songs. 10.Genocide: nothing special here, same ol' suicide silence riffs and brutal breakdowns. 8/10 11.Disengage: has some extra good riffage for the last song. Caps off the album in a brutal track. 8/10

Mitch Luker has many different voices. It makes him very diverse and makes it seem as if there are really 2 people screaming. In No Time To Bleed, Mitch shines. His voice seems unhuman at times. His lyrics about getting high, drinking, etc are all masked by the demonic voice that he has. I thought he was definitely a high point on the album.

No Time to Bleed (although it'll never happen) should be in the running for album of the year. Honestly its really brutal. Suicide Silence stepped it up tenfold and has made a masterpiece of catchy death metal. This will always be a favorite album of mine. It blew me away. Buy this album. You will not regret it one second.