No Time To Bleed review by Suicide Silence

• Released: Jun 30, 2009
Suicide Silence: No Time To Bleed

Alright, to start things off I do like Suicide Silence and that may show through, but I will try my hardest to write a non-biased review. This CD, much like their previous CD The Cleansing, is just plain brutal. One improvement on this CD from the last is the sound though, the general production value of the music is much greater, and the guitars playing at intervals throughout the CD is a major plus for the sound of it all. The drums are relatively clear in this CD which, if you play drums, or like the sound of drums should be an added bonus for you. My only problem are some of the tracks just sounding a bit weak at the breakdowns.

Now, I don't know the lyrics by heart, and finding the little booklet to see what they are is an arduous task I'd rater not complete. So, I'll just talk about the singer in this. The singer for Suicide Silence has a pretty outstanding range if you ask me, his highs are a bit unstable sounding, but he hit's them none the less. The use of the dynamic changes from one spectrum of the range to another adds a sense of musical diversity that with some other bands can be found lacking.

I would definitely say that this album trumps The Cleansing, and easily compares to other releases by more popular bands among the metal genre. I would have to say the most amazing tracks off of this CD are Smoke, ...And Then She Bled, and Wasted. I think there might be a coincidence between the first and the last there. One thing I really like about this CD is it's plain brutality. On the other hand, they seem to use the same means of starting every song, drum intro followed by singer. It's been done a lot of times already. I want some more songs like 'Bow Down' by Born Of Osiris personally. And Finally if this were lost, or if my hard drive crashed I would definitely go out and buy this again, it's a great CD my friends.

Zombie325
    Personally, I think SS could have done a little bit better this time around... Still a decent album, and it will be very interesting to see where they go from here.