The Cleansing review by Suicide Silence

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Suicide Silence: The Cleansing

I have been listening to different forms of metal for 25 plus years. I have heard so many terms for scenes. This new "Deathcore/Metalcore" whatever genre is great. Suicide Silence is a great band. There album does not do them justice. If you see this band live, you will be a fan for life. I have been lucky enough to see them twice. The music is definitely hardcore with hints metal and thrash thrown in. The drums are all about blast beats. The vocals are definitely Death influenced with hardcore/metalcore heavily strewn through out the album. I agree with some of the comments about being repetitious, but that is very rare. The standouts on this album are 'No Pity For A Coward', 'The Forgotten', 'Unanswered'. Excellent musicianship and vocals.

Lyrically the music is spot on. The subject matter covered through out these songs is definitely on par with the type of music these guys dishout. For a band called 'Suicide Silence' their lyrics and music are exactly what I thought this band would sound like. There are tons of bands playing this style music, but Suicide Silence is writing the book and all others should subscribe to it.

I cannot say that I hate any part of this album. Is their sound new and fresh? No. But it is tight and done well. I love the brutality of the lyrical content and the music. These guys definitely have the potential to turn their genre on it's head and dominate the metal scene. I pre-ordered No Time To Bleed, so we will see. This band has a nice, polished highly produced album. It does not do them justice, see them live!

SGofawesome
    This band is terrible. I saw them with Megadeth and the whole crowd hated them excluding a few moshers. They were all like, "Wake Up Wake Up, (mumble mumble scream shout). C'Mon get pumped you guys, and no one did. NO TALENT, I can write this shit in my sleep.
    fearnothingveno
    I love this band, if you don't like to band your head around and kick the shit out of things... GO AWAY! I like Mitch's Brutal Scream. Guitar could change up a little more but who cares the Vocals blow a lot of other hardcore bands.
    wezoweez
    i saw them live with megadeth. horrible show...it all sounds the same... boring riff breakdown another boring riff.....deathcore in general sucks
    etalontsiawd
    I saw them live at warped tour. Absolutely amazing band. You can tell they actually love what they're playing.
    shadesofanger
    This album sucks ass, that's all I have to say about this album; the only song worthy of a listen is No Pity For A Coward. The new album though, even though I am only 4 songs into it, I like all songs I've listened to except 1. I was ready to listen to this album with low expectations after listening to this shit album. /rant
    xaulzan
    Mitch Lucker (vocals) kept pouring Rockstar (not water)into his hair
    That WAS water, they had water in a can with a rockstar logo, i had some. This was indeed a good album though. The new album....terrible