Hey I'm A Ghost review by Sullivan

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
Sullivan: Hey I'm A Ghost

Here is a band that is not very well known but their new CD, Hey, I'm A Ghost, is worth checking out. It is put together well. The vocals are powerful, the guitar is played well, the drums create a creative beat. This is a very good punk rock band. The cd consists of mostly good songs and there are a few that stand out from the rest. If you like Christian rock you should definately check this out.

My overall impression of the lyrics is they're very good. The lyrics are powerful with a good message. They do have their falls though. The songs with the most powerful impressions are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Promise" and "How I Remember You." Although this singer of this group may not be considered Idol material his voice matches the sound very well.

My favourite songs on this album are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Cloudy", "Cars At Break Neck speeds", "Promise", and "How I Remember You". This album is played in my stereo quite a bit and one of my favorite albums. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy it again. The one thing I would change is some of the lyrics that are "Different".

salmarnirecho
    These guys are fun to watch live, but they're probably better live than on the CD. The first track, "Down Here, We All Float", got my hopes up. But the rest of the CD was a bit of a letdown. There are a few good songs ("How I Remember You", "Hey I'm a Ghost"), but if you're a fan of hooky pop-punk, Sullivan is probably not your new favorite band. They're fun to watch, but the CD seems to run together. All in all, it's an alright CD. I'd give it a 5.5 out of 10.