Hey I'm A Ghost Review

artist: Sullivan date: 05/01/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Sullivan: Hey I'm A Ghost
Release Date: Jan 24, 2006
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genres: Indie Rock, Emo, Post-Grunge, Punk-Pop
Sullivan are more about building big, emotional tidal waves of sound than wielding razor-sharp hooks, but when they do deliver a hook they deliver it big.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Hey I'm A Ghost Reviewed by: HAHABOB, on may 01, 2006

Sound: Here is a band that is not very well known but their new CD, Hey, I'm A Ghost, is worth checking out. It is put together well. The vocals are powerful, the guitar is played well, the drums create a creative beat. This is a very good punk rock band. The cd consists of mostly good songs and there are a few that stand out from the rest. If you like Christian rock you should definately check this out. // 9

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics is they're very good. The lyrics are powerful with a good message. They do have their falls though. The songs with the most powerful impressions are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Promise" and "How I Remember You." Although this singer of this group may not be considered Idol material his voice matches the sound very well. // 8

Overall Impression: My favourite songs on this album are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Cloudy", "Cars At Break Neck speeds", "Promise", and "How I Remember You". This album is played in my stereo quite a bit and one of my favorite albums. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy it again. The one thing I would change is some of the lyrics that are "Different". // 9

Comments