All Killer No Filler review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 8, 2001
Sum 41: All Killer No Filler

Well, it was 2001, and for some reason they were showing a 15 second clip of "In too deep" on Nickelodeon. I was 7, and I was into Green Day at the time, and I thought their sound was great, so I went to the store and bought this album. At that time, I didn't realize how amzing this album was, but I sure do now. This is not only a great album, but it's probably one of the top 3 best pop-punk albums of all time. I don't skip one song, and every song has me singing along. All Killer No Filler is one of the best albums in my collection, and I'm sure it will always be. All Killer No Filler starts out with an intro called "Introduction To Destruction" which is funny, and it made for a great intro before they played their shows (ex: Live in Astoria). Next up is "Nothing On My Back" which is a great way to kick this album off. The chorus is catchy and easy to remember, and this is definatly a highlight of the album. "Never Wake Up" is like 44 seconds long and pretty hard to understand, it's fast and probably was just added as filler (contradicting the title) but it's good filler anyway. "Fat Lip" is one of the best pop-punk songs of all time. It's catchy hooks and raps on the verses have you singing along each time it comes on the radio, the stereo or wherever you hear it. The video for this song is also awesome. "Rhythms" comes next, and I recommend it. It is probably my third favorite. The guitar is what hooks you in at the beginning and the chorus sticks in your head for days. Despite what many people will say the third single "Motivations" is actually not one of my favorites. The chorus is pretty good, but I don't listen to this one very much, and as I recall, I never did like it too much. Still it's a good song, just not my type. Ah yes, "In Too Deep", probably my favorite song on the album. I remember this was the first song that I memorized the words too on this album. I love this song, and the video is amazing, I remember the first time I saw the clip of bizzy d diving on nickolodeon before I bought this album. This will probably always be my favorite song by Sum 41 because it was the first that I ever heard. "Summer" is a great song, but after I bought Half Hour Of Power (My second Sum 41 CD) I realized this was almost the exact same recording and that was dissapoining. It still gets five stars because I love the words and the music. "Handle This" is another one of my favorite songs from the album because it is different, and I thought it was cool that they did a slower song, plus it had great lyrics and awesome guitar playing by dave. To this day, I still don't get why they names song 10 "Crazy Amanda Bunkface", but it's a good song, and it's a faster one, and I like to rock out and run around and stuff to it. Catchy lyrics, strange name. "All She's Got" is so friggin catchy, I can't get it out of my head on any day. The bridge featurs great guitar playing for dave as usual and bizzy d sings great. Awesome song. And it's also great live. "Heart Attack" is a cool song, because it goes from slow to fast and soft to loud, and is pretty much the only song on the album that does that. As I said, I like different songs, this one, is another one that is about liking sleep (see Never Wake Up) and in my opinion, I think Never Wake Up should have been placed in front of this song instead, because it'd make a lot more sense. "Pain For Pleasure" is a joke song with Steve-O 32 on vocals, I'm pretty sure it's just filler, It's a funny listen, I like it.

Deryk Whibley is not musch of a singer, he just sort of wings it when it comes to vocals. The lyrics are very fun and catchy. By the 3rd or 4th time you listen to this album you probably will know all the words and be singing along with it. Lyrics went very well with the "pop punk" guitars.

This is probably one of the best pop-punk albums of all time, and for fans of Green Day and Blink 182, This is a must have. This is Sum 41's best cd. But if you are looking for selections like this one, buy their debut Half Hour of Power, their DVD, Introduction to Destruction, and then buy Does This Look Infected? and Chuck, which are different than this album due to Dave Baksh's harder influences. Due to Dave's recent departure from Sum 41 to start his own harder band, The Brown Brigade, Sum 41 may be going back to its pop-punk roots. Still, their two newer releases are great.

DownInAHole.
    nerk13 wrote: Hey, I've only heard a few of Sum41's songs and I thought they were pretty good. Should I get the CD? I listen to stuff like Green Day, Presidents, Blue October, etc. Ya'll recommend it?
    sure, go for it.
    FlapJack85
    hey moppstock!! you said they play music no one wants to hear? well then tell me why it's one of the top selling albums of 2001-2004?? no one thinks your cool you just think your right about everything and you not!! go listen to some dumbass metal band like Slayer!! >
    Sumforty1f
    If you don't like Sum 41, DON'T DISRESPECT THEM AND THEIR FANS BY WRITING A DUMBASS REVIEW!
    BenFoffenbock
    man oh man sum 41 is sooo FUcking gay!!!! i hate this band and the guitar sounds like FUcking shit!!!! Man I hate you. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Gunsandammo90
    psyco223 wrote: man oh man sum 41 is sooo FUcking gay!!!! i hate this band and the guitar sounds like FUcking shit!!!!
    HEY DICKWEED!!! it's best not be saying that to Sum 41 fans. go back jakin off to Ryan Seacrest while listening to NSync you FUKIN PUSSY.
    oh... THAT guy
    jasonkan wrote: this album is perhaps legendary in pop/punk genre relli good stuff.
    yup along with Take off your pants and jacket, dookie, never mind the bollocks, london calling (original punk)
    take_it_t
    Dave isn't actually playing guitar in the studio on that album its actually played by their old manager Greg Nori.
    blakiss
    Random dude wrote: I don't mind that sum 41 have an element of fun on this album. Id rather that then the depressing songs on CHUCK.In fact, I wish that Sum 41 would return to the sound that they had on this album. I am happy to see some guitar solos on the new album, though.
    SUm 41's New album is supposed to be like AKNF Thank god, best album by them in my eyes Chuck is Sweet too
    psyco223
    kfong03 i dont like punk bands or emo bands but i do like heavy metal,death metal,hardcore, and some black metal but yea i consider my chemical romance, afi, panic at the disco, greenday, sum 41 and most punk bands emo!
    kfong03
    sum 41's a really pro punk band, why the f*ck do people always diss punk band with emo bands? sry psyco223 i dun like heavy metal
    DownInAHole.
    If you were smart and looked at some of my work, you would see that I've done quite a few Slayer tabs. I like metal just as much as yo do, but I like something different every now and then. (Sum 41)
    psyco223
    yea u keep running into me dude u even reviewed green day! and downlnahole ur the freakin coolest person on this page if you like soad and metallica!!
    nerk13
    No,psyco223. I wouldn't mind runing into you,ya seem friendly enough.
    nerk13
    Dang, why do I keep running into you!?! Dammit, I guess I'm off to review Nimrod instead.
    DownInAHole.
    If you listened to their music you would see that those guys can really play their instruments...And you call your self a good musician? Next time don't say that a multi platinum band sucks when yours doesnt even have a record deal.