All Killer No Filler review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 8, 2001
Sum 41: All Killer No Filler

Sum 41 is a punk band, and they sound just like it. If you do not like the sound of punk music, this record is NOT for you. They tend to play lots of fast, repetitive power chords with multiple quick riffs. It sounds great in the majority of the songs. There are also a few "lighter" tracks in the album, in which there are less power chords and more riffs with less distortion.

The lyrics are decent in this album. I feel like they have had much better lyrical songs on previous albums. The singer seems to be sort of yelling at you and not singing in some cases. An example of this is in track 3, Never wake up. But, the vocals are good on most of the other tracks. Fat Lip has excellent singing and good lyrics that fit the music.

All Killer No Filler is a definite buy. Although not all of the songs are the best, there are some very good ones. Fat Lip is a must-have, as it contains one of the greatest riff ever written by Sum 41. In Too Deep is also very good. It is not as "heavy" as the other tracks, and the intro is just amazing. The solo is commplex yet somewhat relaxing and fits in with the rest of this "peaceful" Sum 41 song. I would most definetly by this album again if I lost it or it was stolen.

Palm*
    Bloody shit, I love this band. Their old stuff is the best though. I remember listening to these songs like inhaling air. I had to. Been listening to this band since I was 13. Now, 4 years later, I'm not bored with it. A side note is that I listen to extreme metal as well. Good music is good music, learn to appriciate it.