All The Good Shit review by Sum 41

Sum 41: All The Good Shit

This is Sum 41's latest album. It is basically a greatest hits cd, containing 14 of their biggest songs... 01.Still Waiting 02.The Hell Song 03.Fat Lip 04.We're All To Blame 05.Walking Disaster 06.In Too Deep 07.Pieces 08.Underclass Hero 09.Motivation 10.Makes No Difference(Alternate Version) 11.With Me 12.Handle This 13.Over My Head(Better Off Dead) 14.Pain For Pleasure 15.The Hell Song(Live) It also includes a bonus DVD with all of their 13 music videos. I'm not quite sure if all of the copies include that, but I know at least some of them do.

The lyrics are great. I think Sum 41 writes good lyrics. They're not what other bands typically write about. You have a whole lot, some about feelings of themselves (Walking Disaster, Pieces), some about relationships (In Too Deep, With Me), and then you have some that are just about nothing and are funny (Fat Lip, Pain For Pleasure).

This album, overall, is just awesome, in my opinion. When I first got it I only knew a couple of the songs, such as Still Waiting, The Hell Song, Fat Lip, In Too Deep, and Underclass Hero. But then I got to listen to all of the other songs and now I listen to them more than the songs that I originally knew. Every song I think is just amazing! I can't really say I hate anything about it. The only thing that really sucks though is the quality of the case. Inside, because there are 2 discs, there is a thing you open to get to the 2nd disc, and it's hard to open and mine broke, it just came off. But thats just the quality of the case, not the album itself. If it were to be stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again.

alkalineweeman
    alkalineweeman
    NoahTH
    In a way, I'd say it's a lot like blink's greatest hits album in that it's just a collection of singles. The record company made the tracklist, I'm sure. Good songs, though. Especially Handle This and We're All To Blame.
    DarkDallasNight
    pilquasha wrote: Fucking love this band. Probably would only buy this for the music videos though. Oh well this is going to be their last good album because of Dave's departure. Never going to be as good.
    Dude dave left years ago lol...this isn't an album...its their greatest hits....anywho Chuck was the best album from them!
    pilquasha
    Guitar_Jester
    jeowy wrote: "all the good shit" as an album title; so basically saying "all the other songs are crap"? could've chosen a better title i think...
    Haha, never looked it from that point of view
    stjimmy86
    greatest hits like these always piss me off...its essentially them saying "We're having troubles in the recording studio (probably because of Brownsound's departure) and are too lazy to work harder, so we put this out to make money in the process" love the band but no way in hell i'd get this
    jeowy
    WARNINGnimrod12
    alkalineweeman wrote: Pretty disapointed with the track listing on this, sure its a "greatest hits" record but so many great songs have been left out and at 14 tracks i'm sure they could have squeezed a couple of the extra,less known tracks on there and we could've done without hell song live.... But then again..when you own the records there's no point in buying this so i understand i am not the key demographicfor this release and it is a great starting point for anyone intrested in overcoming their "trupunx4life" ignorance and giving this fine band a chance. On the review its self, it wasn't great, you give practicaly no information on the cd its self instead focusing on some fairly simplistic analogies on what the lyrics mean and the fact that you're case broke when you tried to get to the bonus dvd. I'll give 7/10 for the cd and 3/10 for the review.
    Ok,well can you tell me what you'd like to hear about the "cd itself"? And I apologize for writing about the lyrics when they told me to.
    Shabalaba
    alkalineweeman wrote: FearOfTheDuck wrote: I listened to this band when i was 8, then along came an Aerosmith CD. Some people have the mental capacity to listen to many genres of music no matter their age. this comment had nothing to do with either the album or review so take your flaming to the pit.
    +1 to both these. Some more Chuck would have been better, that was by far their best album IMO. But yeah pretty bad review
    Rockinguitar
    IMO 88 would have definitely been on there if it was SUM 41's idea. 88 is one of the most awesome songs they've made
    ashers67
    I 100% agree with this comment. I assume when saying their lyrics are "not what other bands typically write about" you were joking, yeah?
    AndyOnDaDecline
    jetfuel495 wrote: There's nothing from Chuck other than Pieces? Not worth it, IMO.
    "We're All To Blame?"
    Spadly
    Hahaha love that. "Not what other band's typically write about". I like Sum41, but they're far from pushing boundaries. This "Greatest Hits" is lacking somewhat. They should've just re-released All Killer No Filler with some bonus videos and stuff, that's as good as they get.
    Squirrel1993
    if you buy it from best buy, there is a bonus track, titled Always, but that still doesnt really make up for it.
    guitarist41
    Definitely not Sum 41's best songs. Deryck Whibley said the band didn't want to release a greatest hits, it's just more record company shit.
    sw@gshredder
    this is good though sum 41 was a great band but yeha they culdv had mor songs and the dude was right though i didnt know that some of those songs were greates hits but now soe of em r my favorite ill probs buy it
    gothman92
    you're right, that is pretty original songwriting, i cant think of any other bands that write about relationships or silly things.